Sunday 1 January 2017

Living with TSC; It may seem daunting... But it doesn't have to be...

Have you ever felt like the world was against you? 
Have you ever felt like life is impossible, and you can't go any further? 

I know I have. It was during one of these moments, were my parents gave me some remarkable advice.

"Your father has a motto," my mother said to me one evening; "A life without strife, has no colour.

I was thirteen at the time. Confident that I understood what it meant, I would repeat it over and over again when times got tough. However one day upon visiting my doctor, it occurred to me; my understanding was impaired.

The quote does not mean; "Go looking for trouble, because that will make your life interesting." Nor does it mean; "That you have to suffer through everything negative, because that is your lot in life."

The quote means; " A life without rivers to cross, and mountains to climb, has no adventure." 

Looking back on my childhood, I now realize that there were many interesting adventures, and learning experiences. Whether you are a parent with a child who has Tuberous Sclerosis Complex, or you, yourself have TSC, or even if you have a family member with TSC, I would like to share some of my adventures with you. 

Embrace the Adventure
       

No comments:

Post a Comment