Thursday 1 August 2019

Irony, like Karma is a B...


I love Irony, it’s humorous and yet truthful. As an adult with TSC there is little to worry about – when your epilepsy is stable. Besides the occasional seizure due to a vitamin deficiency, or slight hormonal changes. Times when you are seizure free, tend to occur less often, compared to when you are a child. The Irony is, during these times I tend to “forget” (for just a moment) about my condition. Life becomes an open door and I feel unstoppable.

Recently my Hubby and I put together an exercising regime, which includes climbing, hiking and cycling. We started last month. It was awesome! Until the day I decide to start a new project – “Climbing with TSC”; the Irony is that was the day gravity overpowered me. While doing a bouldering route at City Rock; I attempted an 6A. Upon jumping for the second, hand hold or “Jug” on a 45˚ overhang, I uncontrollably swung out… falling suddenly to the mat, severely spraining my ankle.

Now I’m held up for SIX WEEKS! With crutches and a moonboot, as a new way of manoeuvring. This is a strange and tiresome way of getting around. However, I now have a new- found respect for people with physical disabilities.

 I look forward to climbing again. So, keep a look out for “Climbing with TSC”. I’m seriously considering giving the bouldering a break though, until such time as I learn to fall properly. When I come back, I may just stick to the large walls, with a harness and belayer to catch me if I fall. In the mean- time I’m going to focus my energy, on resting this foot. Hopefully Irony doesn’t decide to pay me another visit.   



No comments:

Post a Comment